Looking for easy and crispy vegetables for a side dish? Try making air fryer broccoli. This air fryer broccoli recipe is quick and easy to make. You’ll end up with crispy broccoli ever and you’ll love them. These healthy broccolis are the perfect side dish that compliments all of your meals.
They’re crunchy and delicious even kids are loving air-fried broccoli. Healthy food need not be boring all the time you can make them interesting and delicious. With an air fryer your every meal is healthy as it cooks with no oil or less oil.
If your kids don’t like vegetables or you’ve got a picky eater at home make air fryer broccoli bites or air fryer broccoli and cheese. Believe me, they’ll love this recipe. Or you can also try making more air fryer vegetable recipes such as air fryer green beans and air fryer zucchini fries.
Today I’m sharing the recipe for air fryer broccoli, air fryer broccoli recipe frozen, some tips and tricks, serving ideas, and many more.
If you’re interested in the air fryer broccoli recipe please keep on reading.
How to cook broccoli in air fryer?
The easy air fryer broccoli recipe is crunchy and delicious. If you would love some cheese on it then sprinkle some parmesan over it. You just need some of the basic ingredients for this recipe. I love garlic on my food so I’m making air fryer broccoli garlic. Let’s dive into the recipe.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare the broccoli by terming the florets, and chop the stems. You can also use stem while roasting.
- Take a bowl place the broccoli florets and steam. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss them to coat evenly. You can find the measurements on the printable card below.
- Preheat your air fryer at 200C/400F for 2-3 minutes. This process will provide your broccolis a hot platform and cook evenly and quickly.
- Place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes or until they are brown on the edge and crispy at 200C/400F. Toss the basket halfway through the cooking process. If you like some cheese to your food add shredded parmesan cheese and cook for a minute more. Your air fryer broccoli garlic parmesan is ready.
- Remove them from the air fryer plate and serve. You can also serve this as a snack for your meal.
You can find air fryer broccoli recipe in the printable card below.
Note: Before making an air fryer broccoli recipe, cutting the broccoli into equal florets is more important. This helps to cook the broccoli evenly and gives the best result.
Is air fryer broccoli healthy?
Yes, they’re healthy because there is very less amount of oil used to air fry them. The amount of oil is very less comparatively used to deep fry or roast in the oven. The air fryer helps crisp the broccoli and makes them healthy with less oil.
Broccoli contains calories, fiber, protein, carbohydrates and contains vitamin C. Additionally air-fried broccoli retains more nutrients than boiling/steaming. While boiling there is more chance to lose the vitamins in the water.
If you’re on your diet air fryer broccoli keto recipe is perfect for you. Air fried broccoli also fits most diets such as Vegetarian, low carb, Whole30, Paleo, and many more.
Tips for air fryer broccoli
- Make sure that broccolis are dry after you wash them for better results.
- Preheat your air fryer for evenly air-fried broccoli.
- Place the broccoli in a single layer. Cook them in batches if you have got a large number of broccolis.
- You can use fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer. This prevents smoking while cooking.
What can I serve with air fryer broccoli?
Air fried broccoli is great on its own. You can serve it as a side dish for your meals or just squeeze lemon over and make air fryer broccoli lemon. I like air fryer broccoli beef, air fryer broccoli and mushrooms, and air fryer broccoli parmesan.
Here are some of the serving ideas you can try.
- Creamy Pasta with broccoli
- Air fryer tilapia and broccoli
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings and broccoli
- Air fryer drumsticks and broccoli
- Air fryer Orange chicken with broccoli
Can I put frozen broccoli in air fryer?
Yes, you can cook the broccoli frozen. Season the frozen broccoli the same way explained above and cook. Cook frozen air fryer broccoli at 200C/400F for 2-3 minutes more than the fresh ones.
How long to cook broccoli in the air fryer?
The cooking time for air fryer broccoli varies according to your taste.
- For tender broccoli cook for 3-4 minutes.
- If you like crispy plus tender broccoli cook for 7-8 minutes.
- For roasted broccoli cook for 10 minutes.
- You can choose your preference and cook your air fryer broccoli accordingly.
Can you steam vegetables in an air fryer?
If you’re looking for steaming your vegetables in an air fryer you can probably use instant pot. It’s a lot easier to steam the vegetables in an instant pot than in an air fryer basket.
Course: Snack, Side Dish
Prep Time:2 minutes
Cook Time:6 minutes
Calories- 65.2kcal | Sodium- 105mg | Fat- 4g | Protein- 4g | Saturated Fat- 1g | Fiber-3g | Calcium-41mg | Iron- 1mg | Sugar- 0g | Vitamin A- 566IU | Vitamin C- 44mg | Carbohydrate- 7g | Potassium- 287mg |
If you like air fryer broccoli, look what else you can air fry:
8 min Easy & Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli - TopAirFryerRecipes
- air fryer
- 1lbs broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash, dry, and prepare the broccoli by terming the florets, chop the stems. You can also use stem while roasting.
- Take a bowl place the broccoli florets and steam. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss them to coat evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer at 200C/400F for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes or until they are brown on the edge and crispy at 200C/400F. Toss the basket halfway through the cooking process. If you like some cheese to your food add shredded parmesan cheese and cook for a minute more. Your air fryer broccoli garlic parmesan is ready.
- Remove them from the air fryer plate and serve. You can also squeeze some lemon over them.