How to reheat chicken in air fryer without losing its crispiness and moisture has been a big challenge. So, here I’ve shared simple yet helpful tips and tricks to reheat chicken in an air fryer.
In an air fryer, deep-fried chicken with and without bones is simple to reheat. When chicken is roasted in an air fryer, it becomes crispier and does not loses its original flavor. This is the easiest and quickest method to reheat your leftover chicken. If you love making easy chicken recipes, be sure to check, the air fryer chicken 65 and air fryer sesame chicken.
Why reheat fried chicken in air fryer?
Reheating chicken has never been easier. Stucked chicken in the skillet and soggy chicken are boring. Now reheat chicken in the air fryer to avoid all these. Here are some reasons why you should reheat chicken in air fryer.
- It’s super easy and the chicken heats up really quick.
- The chicken reheated in the air fryer is crispy.
How to reheat chicken in air fryer?
It’s easy and quick to reheat chicken in an air fryer. Here’s how to reheat chicken in air fryer.
Instruction for how to reheat chicken in air fryer
- Step One: Preheat the air fryer at 180C/355F for 2 minutes.
- Step Two: Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Keep a good gap between the chicken pieces to let the hot air circulate through the basket. This will make the chicken really crispy.
- Step Three: Reheat the chicken at 180C/355F for 4-5 minutes or until they are warm through. Toss the chicken halfway through the reheating process.
- Step Four: Remove the chicken from the basket, serve and enjoy.
Note: For different chicken pieces such as chicken breast, chicken thighs, and chicken wings reheating time may vary depending on their size.
Tips for reheating chicken in an air fryer
- Don't miss preheating your air fryer because doing so will give the chicken a warm basket and shorten the time it takes to reheat.
- To prevent the smaller pieces from drying out during reheating, be sure to use chicken chunks of similar sizes.
- To ensure that each piece of chicken heats evenly, avoid packing the air fryer basket too full.
- No need to add extra oil while reheating chicken in an air fryer.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature if it was refrigerated before reheating. And before reheating, let the frozen chicken thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
After reheating the chicken, I do not advise storing it. Reheating chicken in the air fryer more than once results in them losing their flavor and making them dry.
However, I advise only reheating the chicken as much as is necessary.
What temperature should you reheat chicken to?
Every air fryer works differently depending on its brand. The temperature to reheat chicken in air fryer is 180C/355F for 4-5 minutes. You can adjust the reheating duration accordingly.
How to reheat chicken breast in air fryer?
Before reheating the chicken breast allow them to come to room temperature if stored in the fridge. Once the frozen chicken breast comes to room temperature.
- Start by preheating your air fryer at 180C/355F for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast into the air fryer in a single layer. Spray a thin layer of oil over the chicken skin to prevent it from drying while reheating.
- Reheat them for about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking process for the evenly heated result.
- Adjust the reheating time to your desired crispness.
How to reheat chicken thighs in air fryer?
If the chicken thighs are breaded, let them come to room temperature before reheating them in the air fryer.
Don't skip this step because it speeds up cooking and prevents moisture release.
- Preheat your air fryer at 190C/375F for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken thighs into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t stack them for the best result.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes and flip halfway through the cooking process. Or rehat them until they are warm through.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions
Why should I reheat chicken in an air fryer?
Compared to the oven, the air fryer uses a different heating method. It distributes hot air throughout the air fryer basket, evenly cooking and reheating the food. The final result is the best.
Can you reheat cooked chicken in an air fryer?
Of course, you can reheat cooked chicken in an air fryer at 180C/355F for 4-5 minutes.
How to reheat chicken in air fryer without drying it out?
Keep the temperature low and avoid overcooking the chicken to prevent drying.
Why can chicken only be reheated once?
If you repeatedly reheat the chicken, it starts to lose flavor and gets dry. Therefore, it is preferable to reheat only what is necessary at once and keep the rest for later.
Can I reheat chicken tenders in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat chicken tenders in the air fryer. In fact, you can reheat any type of leftover chicken in air fryer.
How long to reheat chicken tenders in air fryer?
Reheat chicken tenders at 175C/350F for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below.