These crispy air fryer frozen onion rings are a great snack without all the excess oil that a deep fryer would soak up. It only takes a few minutes in the air fryer to make these delicious air-fried frozen onion rings. There’s no need for additional oil for making crispy air-fried onion rings.
How to make air fryer frozen onion rings?
Cooking frozen onion rings in an air fryer is easy and quick. Your crunchy onion rings get ready with no time. Here are the frozen onion rings air fryer recipe.
6 ounces of frozen onion rings (1/2 bag)
- Preheat you’re ai fryer at 190C/380F degrees for 2-3 minutes. This process helps frozen food cook evenly.
- Place your frozen onion rings in the air fryer basket. Don’t overcrowd the basket as they will not cook evenly. You can make them in batches.
- Cook your frozen onion rings in the air fryer at 190C/380F for 6-8 minutes and toss them halfway through the cooking process, or until it’s golden brown and crispy from the outside.
- Remove them from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Do you know you can also make these onion rings from scratch?
Check our Homemade onion rings in an air fryer recipe
What are the best-frozen onion rings?
There are numerous brands of onion rings on the market. I personally like Nathan’s frozen onion rings and Alexia’s frozen onion rings. You can also try these brands or here are some of the brands I would like to recommend.
- Red Robin Crispy Onion Rings
- Traders Joe’s Beer Battered Vidalia Sweet Onion Rings
- Alexia Frozen Onion Rings
- Nathan’s Frozen Onion Rings
- Ore-lda Gourmet Onion Rings
- Brew City Beer Battered Thick Cut Onion Rings
Dipping sauce for onion rings in the air fryer
You can serve your frozen onion rings with your favorite dipping sauce. I usually like my onion rings with bang bang sauce. It sounds weird but I like it that way. But you can also dip your onion rings with these popular sauces and enjoy.
- Honey Mustard
- Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Ranch Dressing
- Cocktail Sauce
- Onion Ring Sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- Remoulade Sauce
Here are some of the frequently asked questions:
How long to cook frozen onion rings in the air fryer?
Frozen onion rings air fryer cook time is 6-8 minutes at 190C/380F degrees or until it’s golden brown from the outside.
Frozen onion rings cooking time may vary according to the thickness of the onion rings and the air fryer brand you’re using to cook.
However, the standard cooking time for frozen onion rings air fryer is 8 minutes. If you want extra crispiness on the onion rings you can add a minute or two and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
How long to air fry onion rings in the air fryer?
Onion rings in the air fryer take 15 minutes to cook at 180C/355F. However, each air fryer works differently so you can adjust the time accordingly.
What temperature to cook frozen onion rings in the air fryer?
The air fryer temp for frozen onion rings is 190C/380F degrees. But the cooking time may vary according to the air fryer brand you use to cook the frozen onion rings.
If you’re cooking the frozen onion rings air fryer in batches, then the cooking time is less for the following batches. You need to keep an eye on those following batches or you’ll end up burning your onion rings.
How to cook Nathan’s frozen onion rings in an air fryer?
The cooking process of Nathan’s frozen onion rings in an air fryer is similar to the other frozen onion rings in an air fryer.
1. Preheat the air fryer at 190C/380F for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place Nathan’s frozen onion rings in an air fryer basket in a single layer.
3. Cook them at 190C/380F for 6-8 minutes or until they’re golden brown and crispy. Toss the onion rings halfway through the cooking process for even cooking.
4. Remove Nathan’s frozen onion rings and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How do I reheat onion rings in an air fryer?
Heating onion rings in an air fryer is an easy and quick process. Preheat your air fryer at 175 C/350F for 3 minutes.
Place the leftover onion rings in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes or until warmed.
You should always reheat the food at a lower temperature. Reheating at a low temperature allows heating the food inside without getting it too crispy and burnt.
However, onion rings usually get dry while reheating. To prevent that you can use oil spray before you reheat onion rings in air fryer.
How long do you cook onion rings in a ninja air fryer?
I have noticed most of you love cooking your food in ninja air fryer/ninja foodi. The Ninja foodi onion rings take 6-8 minutes at 190C/380F. You can add a minute or two if you want crispy onion rings.
You can also cook onion rings in a ninja air fryer at a high temperature of 200C/400F for 5 minutes.
Course: Snack, Side dish
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time:6-8 minutes
If you like frozen onion rings, look what else you can air fry:
If you’ve tried this Frozen Onion Rings, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below.