Are you trying to make Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets? Then come let’s make it together.
Chicken nuggets are that kind of dish, which is loved by everyone and is way easier to make. I hope everyone has tried deep-fried chicken nuggets, but today we are going to air fry frozen chicken nuggets. This is the healthy, easy, and less time-consuming method to prepare chicken nuggets.
Here, I’m going to share the recipe for air fryer chicken nuggets which you’re going to love it. With saying that let's get started.
How to make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets?
Instructions for air fryer frozen chicken nuggets:
- Take the number of chicken nuggets you want to prepare.
- Put your chicken nuggets into the air fryer basket or you can even use the stand if you want. (don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket cook in batches)
- You can spray the oil over the nuggets or skip this process it's totally up to you.
- After that cook the frozen chicken nuggets at 400F/200C for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip the nuggets halfway through the cooking process. And check if it's fully cooked or not. If not, you can extend it 5 minutes more or cook until it's fully cooked.
- After the chicken nuggets are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and serve them with your favorite sauce, and enjoy them with your friends and family.
How long do you air fry chicken nuggets?
Air Fryer cooking time varies as it comes in different brands. I air-fried chicken nuggets for about 12-15 minutes.
You can also cook for 12-15 minutes. And if you feel your nuggets are not properly done, you can extend them 3-5 minutes more until it's fully cooked.
You can cook chicken nuggets in two ways, that is by preheating the air fryer and without preheating the air fryer.
Using either method will not decrease the quality and taste of your frozen chicken nuggets.
The only difference is the cooking time. If you preheat your air fryer it will take less time than starting to cook it at 0 degrees.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer to cook frozen chicken nuggets?
There’re no such rules when it comes to preheating the air fryer to cook frozen chicken nuggets.
Here’s the reason why you should preheat the air fryer to cook frozen chicken nuggets.
- Your food will cook more evenly without burning.
- It takes less time to cook.
- You can easily track the cooking time.
If you avoid preheating the air fryer then it takes a longer time to cook chicken nuggets.
Note: Remember if you wish to cook another batch of frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer that is previously heated. You should keep in mind that the second time the nuggets will cook much faster than the last one.
So, remember the cooking time and avoid burning the nuggets.
How do you make frozen chicken nuggets crispy?
The actual secret to making air fryer frozen chicken nuggets taste better and crispier is to coat/ spray with a thin layer of olive oil.
You should spread your frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket. Don’t overlap the nuggets.
Flip the nuggets halfway through the cooking time which helps to cook evenly on both sides.
You can extend 2 minutes more than the cooking time for the extra crisp.
Why are my chicken nuggets soggy?
To avoid soggy chicken nuggets, I’ll share with you a trick. You can place a paper towel underneath the chicken nuggets when you air fry them.
You might be thinking why paper towels? Well, the chicken is frozen and when you air fry it they get loose and the moisture gets captured under the chicken nuggets and as a result, the nuggets turn out to be soggy.
If you place a paper towel underneath the chicken nuggets all the moisture is absorbed by the paper towel. And as a result, you’ll have a crispy chicken nugget.
What are the best-frozen chicken nuggets?
There are different brands you can choose from, here I’ve listed a few brands I prefer.
- Applegate Naturals Chicken Nuggets
- Tyson Chicken Nuggets
- Banquet Original Chicken Nuggets
- Waver Chicken Nuggets
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Drummellas
These are what I prefer. But you can go according to your preference and what is easily available in your reason.
Can you cook chicken nuggets and fries together in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook chicken nuggets and fries together in an air fryer if you have a bigger basket of the air fryer. You can follow these steps.
- You have to arrange fries and chicken nuggets in one layer without overlapping each other.
- Then set the temperature to 400F/204C and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- You can flip the fries and chicken nuggets halfway through cooking.
- After the cooking time is completed check the chicken nuggets and fries. You can even cook for 2 minutes more for extra crispiness.
- Finally, serve and enjoy both of your favorite snacks with your preferred dipping sauce.
How to reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer?
Reheating is not a new process to perform. We have done it several times in our daily routine. But if you’re not sure if you can reheat chicken nuggets in the air fryer. Then it’s okay to use an air fryer for the reheating process.
Having said that you can simply follow these steps.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350-380F for around 2 minutes.
- Put your left-over chicken nuggets in the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes. You don’t need to cook for a longer time as it is already cooked.
- Lastly, take the chicken nuggets out of the air fryer basket and enjoy.
Did you notice that your chicken nuggets are crispier than before?
What sauce to serve with air fryer frozen chicken nuggets?
The dipping sauce can change the whole dish. Every individual has their preference and taste. Here are some recommendations from my side.
- Homemade BBQ sauce
- Pepper BBQ sauce
Enjoy your air fryer frozen chicken nuggets with these sauces with your friends and family.
- Air Fryer
Course: Main course, Snacks
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook time: 12- 15 minutes
Calories- 285 | Fat- 18g | Saturated Fat- 4g | Cholesterol 98mg | Sodium 1450mg | Sugar- 1g | Carbohydrates-7g | Protein 21g | Iron- 1.3mg |
If you liked chicken nuggets, look what else you can air fry:
- French Fries
- Pizza Rolls
- Tater Tots
Air Fryer frozen chicken nuggets?Chicken nuggets are that kind of dish, which is loved by everyone and is way easier to make. I hope everyone has tried deep-fried chicken nuggets, but today we are going to air fry frozen chicken nuggets. This is the more healthy, easy, and less time-consuming method to prepare the chicken nuggets.
- air fryer
- 1 bag Frozen chicken nuggets
- Dipping Sauce
- Preheat air fryer in 400F/ 200Cfor 3-5 minutes.
- Place the chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket without overlapping.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, and toss or flip nuggets in half way cooking process.
- After it’s completely cooked serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.
NutritionCalories: 285kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!