Here’s how you make brats in air fryer. Cooking brats is an easy and quick process in an air fryer. It even tastes better than pan-fried or deep-fried brats. Cooking sausages in the air fryer is an easy job plus they are low carb, paleo, gluten-free (skip beer), and keto-friendly.
Brats in air fryer are easy to make you just need to place the brats in the air fryer basket and they get ready in no time. My family and I love eating brats in air fryer for breakfast and especially for dinner. If you like making this type of quick sausage, be sure to check these air fryer sausage recipes chicken sausage in air fryer
What is brats (Bratwurst) ?
Brats or bratwurst is a shot of German sausage usually made of beef or pork. Bratwurst is mostly seasoned with ginger, coriander, nutmeg, or caraway spices.
Bratwurst comes in various flavors and they are delicious. Brats are delicious when topped with different veggies and different toppings. For that please keep on reading.
How to cook brats in air fryer?
Cooking brats is absolutely easy and quick in the air fryer. Some of you might have an air fryer oven and some might have a basket. Cooking brats in air fryer oven/basket is the same thing. You just need to follow these easy cooking directions for brats in the air fryer.
Ingredients for brats in air fryer:
- 1 package of brats
Instructions for brats in air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer at 175C/350F degrees for 2-3 minutes. Preheating helps the food cook evenly.
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can fit 2-3 brats per batch and don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Cook your brats at 175C/350F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brats reach an internal temp of 160 degrees.
- Flip the brats halfway through the cooking process with the help of tongs for evenly cooked sausage.
- Remove the brats and let them sit for a minute or two and enjoy them with your favorite toppings.
Wasn’t that an easy and delicious meal you prepared in no time?
You can find the brats recipe in the printable card below.
Why you should cook brats in air fryer?
- Brats in air fryers are suitable for any occasion no matter what season it is you don’t need to pull your grills out.
- The only ingredient is brats in this recipe and brats in the air fryer are low carb and gluten-free.
- You can cook brats in air fryer in less than 15 minutes isn’t that great.
- You can easily make this recipe in any air fryer you have such as brats in ninja foodi or any air fryer brand.
How to cook frozen brats in air fryer?
Frozen foods are usually easy to cook in an air fryer as frozen brats. You can simply follow these directions for cooking frozen brats in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer at 175C/350F degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the frozen brats on the air fryer basket in a single layer and don’t overlap.
- Cook them at 175C/350F degrees for 15 minutes or until brat reaches 160 degrees internally. Flip them halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve it with a bun or the toppings and enjoy.
How to make beer brats in air fryer?
Beer brats are one of my favorite brats in the air fryer. The process for making beer brats is simple.
- 4-5 brats
- 1 cup beer
- First, pour the beer in a large skillet, place the brats, and bring it to a boil in medium-high heat. Or you can also let your brats soak in the beer for ½ hour if you don’t want to boil the brats. You can follow either of the methods.
- Once they start boiling reduce the heat and let brats simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the brats to the air fryer basket and cook them at 175/350F degrees for 10-12 minutes. Flip halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve your brats with a bun and your favorite toppings.
If you don’t have time to go through all the process then you can buy beer brats from the market and air fry and enjoy.
Tips for your brats toppings
You can top with your favorite toppings. It’s completely up to you. Here are some of the ideas to top your brats.
- Peppers and Onions
- Sauerkraut and Swiss cheese
- Cheese curds
- BBQ sauce
- Ketchup and onions
- Potato chips and ketchup
- Buffalo sauce and many more
You can enjoy the brats in air fryer with these toppings.
With saying that here are some of the frequently asked questions I’ve picked to answer.
How do you cook Johnsonville brats in an air fryer?
You can cook Johnsonville by following these steps.
- Preheat your air fryer at 175C/350F degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 175C/350F for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the brats is 160F.
- Let it sit for a minute or two and serve them with your favorite toppings. For toppings, you can also refer above on the topic tips for brats toppings.
How long to put brats in air fryer?
Brats in air fryer time and temp sometimes depend on the air fryer brand you’re using to cook. But normally brats in air fryer cooks within 10-15 minutes at 175C/350 F degrees. Or you can cook until the internal temperature of the brats is 160F degrees.
You need to flip the brats halfway through the cooking process to ensure both sides are cooked evenly.
Can you cook raw brats in air fryer?
Yes, you can cook raw/uncooked brats in air fryer. You can follow the cooking instructions of the recipe for brats in air fryer mentioned above.
Can I toast brats buns in air fryer?
Yes, you can toast the buns in an air fryer. You can simply wrap your bun with aluminum foil and place it on the air fryer basket. Toast it at 200C/400F degrees for 1-2 minutes, or more depending on how you want your buns.
How to reheat brats in air fryer?
- Reheat your left-over food in air fryer by following these simple steps.
- Preheat your air fryer at 175C/350F degrees for a minute or two.
- Place the pre cooked Johnsonville brats or any brats that are left-over and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it’s warm through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Note: While preheating the brats in air fryer they don’t need to heat the internal temperature to 160f.
- Air Fryer
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts, per serving
Calories- 426kcal | Sodium- 965mg | Fat- 25g | Carbohydrates- 25 g | Fiber- 1g | Sugar- 3g | Iron-1mg | Cholesterol- 61mg | Protein- 15g | Saturated Fat- 7g | Trans Fat- 0g | Unsaturated Fat- 12g |
If you like Brats in Air Fryer , look what else you can air fry:
If you’ve tried this Brats in Air Fryer, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more easy & Tasty air fryer recipes.
Brats in Air Fryer - Easy & Tasty Tips | TopAirFryerRecipes
- air fryer
- 1 packet Brats
- Preheat your air fryer at 175C/350F degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 175C/350F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked through or brats reaches an internal temp of 160 degrees.
- Flip the brats halfway through the cooking process with the help of tongs.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.